Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paramount Global Erases Archives of MTV Website, Wipes Music, Culture History After 30 Plus Years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paramount Global Erases Archives of MTV Website, Wipes Music, Culture History After 30 Plus Years

https://www.showbiz411.com/2024/06/2...-20-plus-years
    We were all on the same page

TBS14

What an absolutely stupid decision....

Comment

I'm assuming there are backups somewhere, can't image they actually dumped and wiped everything ala BBC in the 60s & 70s.
      What's great about America is that everybody has an opinion.... But what's also great, you don't have to listen to 'em. - Dennis Green

PF - April 18, 1988, Denver
      PF - June 22, 1994, Minneapolis
      Rog - July 16, 2017, Atlanta (Taped)
      Rog - Aug 20, 2022, Atlanta (Taped)
      Nick - March 29, 2019, Atlanta (Taped)

Comment

Originally posted by MrFender View Post
        I'm assuming there are backups somewhere, can't image they actually dumped and wiped everything ala BBC in the 60s & 70s.
        I also immediately remembered about BBС...
        We were all on the same page

TBS14

Comment

Originally posted by DeepCreatures View Post
          What an absolutely stupid decision....
          Not at all, this is absolutely calculated and it's a common human behaviour, destroying other's or your own history and culture.
          If an act of empathy is considered somehow as something radical, we're living in dangerous times.

Pink Floyd tradelist // Oasis tradelist

Comment

Originally posted by gotta_be_crazy View Post

Not at all, this is absolutely calculated and it's a common human behaviour, destroying other's or your own history and culture.
            I do not disagree with what you are saying at all, but still say that it is an absolutely stupid decision, and the fact that it is calculated makes it even worse.

Of course, this comes from a guy who has spent half his career trying to collect the history of the company he works for while they have tossed it in the garbage faster than I can keep up...

Comment

I do not disagree with what you are saying at all, but still say that it is an absolutely stupid decision, and the fact that it is calculated makes it even worse.

Of course, this comes from a guy who has spent half his career trying to collect the history of the company he works for while they have tossed it in the garbage faster than I can keep up...
              From what you have written seems you went through a similar experience, that sucks DC. What was your job like?
              If an act of empathy is considered somehow as something radical, we're living in dangerous times.

Pink Floyd tradelist // Oasis tradelist

Comment

Originally posted by gotta_be_crazy View Post

From what you have written seems you went through a similar experience, that sucks DC. What was your job like?
                I actually work for a regional electric utility company (24-years now). Have a number of hydroelectric dams, steam plants, and a few nuclear plants in the region and history going back to the 1930s. A passion hobby of mine is collecting the history of the dams primary, and the history of the company more generally.

Like most of us in this group, we seem to be fighting against the erasure of our own history, whether dams, music, whatever. One reason I love groups like this is most everyone has the mentality of preservation.

Comment

I actually work for a regional electric utility company (24-years now). Have a number of hydroelectric dams, steam plants, and a few nuclear plants in the region and history going back to the 1930s. A passion hobby of mine is collecting the history of the dams primary, and the history of the company more generally.

Like most of us in this group, we seem to be fighting against the erasure of our own history, whether dams, music, whatever. One reason I love groups like this is most everyone has the mentality of preservation.
                  I would also argue that older video games fall into this category as well. Without good people across the interwebs finding ways to archive and preserve these games and the use of emulation, tons of these would be lost to the sands of time.
                  Click here to access my Pink Floyd lists!

Comment

Working...
                  X