Wizardo: Stories Of A Bootlegger book coming out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wizardo: Stories Of A Bootlegger book coming out

I received an email from the DIZQ.com site promoting a book on legendary/infamous bootlegger John Wizardo:

"By 1969 bootleggers were no longer pirates with whiskey tucked into their boots, or 1930's Chicago gangsters selling prohibition licqour. The new breed were hip young Californians making and selling rare and mysterious vinyl records which had nothing to do with the featured artistes or their record companies, much to the annoyance of the established record industry and the FBI.

These bootlegs were the ultimate in cool, and John Wizardo was a major player. In this detailed and often hilarious book, Wizardo takes us through the heady, and sometimes even dangerous world of the life and times of an all American bootleg legend, and also includes a painstakingly researched and illustrated discography from his glory years.

Turn on your mind, relax and float upstream into the chaotic and anarchic world of Wizardo Rekords!"

Charles Beterams has been buying and selling records and memorabilia on a professional basis since 1997, when
    he opened up a small store named Crazy Diamond in the city of Delft,The Netherlands. DIZQ.com combines his love
    for vinyl and memorabilia. Artifacts from the early 60s to recent years will be added on a regular basis.​

What's great about America is that everybody has an opinion.... But what's also great, you don't have to listen to 'em. - Dennis Green

PF - April 18, 1988, Denver
    PF - June 22, 1994, Minneapolis
    Rog - July 16, 2017, Atlanta (Taped)
    Rog - Aug 20, 2022, Atlanta (Taped)
    Nick - March 29, 2019, Atlanta (Taped)

Still waiting on that Hollywood Bowl 1972 mono recording. I know it isn't Wizardo's problem but still.
    - The Pink Floyd Research Group -

Comment

Got the email a few days ago - I'm really looking forward to this.

It's been a year or three, but I remember really enjoying reading the Wizardo history Blog. A great idea to turn into a book - I'm pretty sure some of the Wizardo story is also covered in the excellent Bootleg by Clinton Heylin.

Oddly enough, I think the last book I bought was the Floyd at the BBC tome from the same publisher years ago.

Comment

Working...
      X