Amateur "extensions" of PF albums and amateur PF compilations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amateur "extensions" of PF albums and amateur PF compilations

This theme is conceived as POSSIBLE versions of official PF releases and POSSIBLE versions of collections of individual PF songs that we could create ourselves.

The above applies to any period of our guys' creativity
    Last edited by YASHA; 05-10-2024, 06:49 AM.
    We were all on the same page

TBS14

Good idea. But how to exchange / share those versions without violating R&D's rules?

Comment

• YASHA
      YASHA commented
      Editing a comment
      I meant purely theoretical assumptions, according to the rules R&D.

I'm sure many people are unhappy with the official releases, so I got the idea for this topic.

Originally posted by Floydophile View Post
    Good idea. But how to exchange / share those versions without violating R&D's rules?
    People could only share lists of the best sources so that others can go and get them on their own. No need to share official material. If one is really interested, they can look for the recordings themselves and re-create all at their own homes.

Comment

Originally posted by ruben77 View Post

If one is really interested, they can look for the recordings themselves and re-create all at their own homes.
      I am not buying in here, because I think those "extensions" (at least the better ones) are not just a re-creation of respective recordings. Mostly, there are lots of transitions, fadings, re-balancings, additional sound bytes, re-mixes etc. etc. For me, those "extensions" are a matter of creative work and require technical skills and, of course, respective time resources. Certainly it is not about copy and paste.

But I don't want to be the party pooper here. So let me start the game with one of an earlier 'extension', which I like a lot (probably there are several versions out there ...):

More Furious Madness from the Massed Gadgets of Auximines - The 'missing' studio album from 1969​

Click image for larger version  Name:	mfmftmgoa_front.jpg Views:	0 Size:	557.1 KB ID:	369114
      Last edited by Floydophile; 05-11-2024, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Floydophile View Post

I am not buying in here, because I think those "extensions" (at least the good ones) are not just a re-creation of respective recordings. Mostly. there are lots of transitions, fadings, re-balancings, additional sound bits, re-mixes etc. etc. For me, those "extensions" are a matter of creative work and require technical skills and, of course, respective time resources. Certainly it is not about copy and paste.
        You're right. Such thing as I proposed would only work for people with some expertise in audio editing, not for all.

Comment

I'd love a professionally crafted studio version of Man & the Journey, the MQR team would do a great job on it
          that was pretty avant-garde, wasn't it?

Comment

I did sort of touch on this matter a few threads ago here.
            Has anybody messed about with the AI add ons to Audacity?
            You can single out drums and vocals ETC.
            It works great and is easy to use.
            Some great DIY remixes are possible.
            Try it.

Comment

Working...
            X