Chris Moise passed away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chris Moise passed away

The foremost Syd expert and long time Yeeshkul/Steve Hoffman/Late Night forums member Chris Moise (aka Chris M) had gone.
    He was my personal friend for more than decade. Chris was on constant hunt for any details about early Pink Floyd and Syd Barrett recording sessions and was always determined to establish facts without any fiction. You can thank him for John Latham soundtrack being officially released - he notified Pink Floyd manager about it and years later it got official release. Rest in peace, my friend

Christopher Moise Obituary - Baton Rouge, LA

Thanks for posting, very sad to hear this.

I did not know him personally, but he was one the best sources of information. "Chris M" posts were the gold standard. Every time I'd search forums for certain things, I'd find an old Chris M post from years ago. I'd occasionally get a "like" from him - which was conformation that I was on the right track about something.

A real bummer, best to his friends and family.

Comment

This is very sad news indeed. Sad for the community for sure, but more so his family and friends such as you. Thank for posting this and sorry for your loss.

Comment

My respects to his family and his closest beloved ones. Rest in peace.
        If an act of empathy is considered somehow as something radical, we're living in dangerous times.

Comment

That's really sad, I corresponded with Chris quite a bit over the years and he always seemed like a great guy. And only 49 seems very cruel.

He did a huge amount of Syd research that never saw the light of day. It was going to be a Shindig article at first, and then I think it was going to be expanded into a book. I hope some of that material can see the light of day somehow.

Comment

• Hallucalation
            Hallucalation commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm working on preserving his material.

Chris was not just very knowledgeable about Syd/PF, Hendrix and others, he was above all a cool guy. A guy my age, who wasn't born yet when those musical heroes shone their brightest, but he tried everything he could to get as close to them in retrospect, in researching and uncovering the details of their lives. He was dedicated to his craft and shared what he could with the community. Our interaction was sparse, but whatever he shared with me was top notch.

Although his death was untimely, it did not come entirely unexpected to those who knew him well. It saddens me that he failed to win this fight. I will miss him and hope he has found peace.
          Last edited by profstoned; 03-23-2024, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Sorry to hear the news

Comment

I had some conversations with him as well. It is sad to know he is gone, but I hope he finds peace. Thanks for sharing the news.

Comment

Horrible news. So sorry for your loss.

Comment

RIP to a valuable member of PF society, and my sincerest condolences to his friends and family :-(

Comment

Originally posted by Hallucalation View Post
                    The foremost Syd expert and long time Yeeshkul/Steve Hoffman/Late Night forums member Chris Moise (aka Chris M) had gone.
                    He was my personal friend for more than decade. Chris was on constant hunt for any details about early Pink Floyd and Syd Barrett recording sessions and was always determined to establish facts without any fiction. You can thank him for John Latham soundtrack being officially released - he notified Pink Floyd manager about it and years later it got official release. Rest in peace, my friend

Christopher Moise Obituary - Baton Rouge, LA
                    I am sorry to hear this sad news. The John Latham stuff was a Holy Grail of mine for many decades so it is good to know who to thank. May your friend rest in peace.

Comment

Working...
                    X