X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"The Dark Side of Roger Waters"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNA6MCzyCSg

includes interview with Bob Ezrin

I watched the entire thing. They spend 40 minutes to talk about an email from 13 years ago without any context, a conversation that Norbert Statchel himself admits he wasn't directly involved with, and a vague atmosphere of unpleasantness in a recording session nearly 50 years ago. Also, an incident at a restaurant in Lebanon. All without any actual evidence. It's definitely an admirable attempt at making a mountain out of a molehill. In case it isn't already perfectly clear, I'm not convinced. This is also a group who has a long and storied history of smearing just about anyone they dislike as anti-Semitic, including the entirety of the Labour Party, which almost cost them their non-profit status in the UK.
    ​​​​​​
    ​​​​​​
    ​​​​​
    ​​​
    Picture a courthouse with no fucking laws!
    Picture a cathouse with no fucking whores!
    Picture a shithouse with no fucking drains!
    Picture a leader with no fucking brains!

Comment

The context for that email has come out. It looks embarrassingly fake. I'm legitimately impressed.
      Picture a courthouse with no fucking laws!
      Picture a cathouse with no fucking whores!
      Picture a shithouse with no fucking drains!
      Picture a leader with no fucking brains!

Comment

Marc Brickman, Roger Waters' lighting man for 10 years, interviewed this week on YouTube about his experience of working with Roger. Just leaving that here without further comment.
        Last edited by Simond; 10-07-2023, 06:18 AM.

Comment

• Pottel
          Pottel commented
          Editing a comment
          looked for it on YT, using all possible filters but gotten no result. care to share the link?

• Simond
          Simond commented
          Editing a comment
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEw27M_ApAU&t=118s

• Simond
          Simond commented
          Editing a comment
          Indeed. As the first video was featured as a prominent news item in all the 'serious' newspapers in the UK a week or two ago, I thought it only appropriate that it should be here. I make no comment on the politics of it all. I only posted the second link when requested.

In light of the war in Israel, I would hope Roger, keeps his mouth shut.

Comment

This just feels like a hit piece to me. Everyone here has heard the Wall many times and understands that it's a commentary on fascism. The "dirty k-slur" line was about the Wall Live tour from 2010 where they're talking about having the floating pig covered in hammers and having hammer/nazi propaganda. Is it insensitive and a bad idea? Yes. But the suggestion was made as part of a commentary on fascism. This video leaves that part out to make it seem like Waters is literally doing pro-Nazi concerts.

I'm not a Waters apologist: we all know what an asshole he can be and how many dumb things he can say. But that doesn't make him an antisemite. I'd need something more concrete than this CAA hit piece for that.
          Last edited by grignr; 10-09-2023, 02:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X