Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New banner contest!

Hi everyone!

On the very first days of R&D we had that nice thread where different members offered their alternative banners for the new forum:

https://ravinganddrooling.com/forum/...ple-of-banners

We would loke to honor this input and we feel -even we are very happy with the solution right now- that there might be even more superb graphical solutions out there. So we would love to have a sort of "contest" where every member can upload his solution/offer and we have a final poll about which one to choose. (which -of course- includes keeping the actual banner).

These are the "rules":
    Bannersize : 1200x164 px
    Bannertype: transparent PNG
    Amount: 1 Banner per member

The Banner should fit well into the actual color style as well as to the dark style (you can choose the style on the bottom left).

We are looking forward to your solutions!

Best
    R&D

FINGAL‘S CAVE: A Podcast for all dedicated Pink Floyd Fans

Available here:
    Youtube
    Apple Podcast
    Amazon Music
    Spotify
    Deezer
    Facebook

Ok, I don't see any candidates...

I like the sobriety of the current banner. Only one regret: Syd is missing from the photo. It's as if he's been abandoned or rejected a second time, and morally that bothers me. So I tried something...

The rear wall can be seen as an unconscious premonition of the future but it can be removed if necessary.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Five Members Banner.png Views:	6 Size:	50.4 KB ID:	355307
    Last edited by Elisto54; 07-25-2023, 12:47 PM.

Comment

• buffalofloyd
      buffalofloyd commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree, Syd should be represented if we're gonna use a picture of the band.

We put it in! Thanks a lot!!

Best
    Skinny
    FINGAL‘S CAVE: A Podcast for all dedicated Pink Floyd Fans

Available here:
    Youtube
    Apple Podcast
    Amazon Music
    Spotify
    Deezer
    Facebook

Comment

A clear winner of the contest. Thanks, Elisto54!

Comment

Wow!

I was wondering about some of the decisions I had to make. Perhaps I should have erased the wall? The way I went about getting a fade on the left and not a well-defined edge like on the right? There were so many possible variations...

Thanks to you guys, it's an honor!

For those who didn't recognize it (or don't know it), here's the original picture​

Click image for larger version

Name:	PF Five.png
Views:	372
Size:	646.8 KB
ID:	355590

Comment

I wanna give it a try as soon as I'm out of hospital. Did the Yeeshkul! too.

Comment

Comment

Very nice and lovely to see Rick central in the second of the two designs. I think on balance I still prefer the current one as it uses an actual photo of the 5-piece Floyd and also Nick's artwork font for the title.

Comment

very good!

Comment

Working...
                X