No decent sports on TV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No decent sports on TV?

After 8 months of great sports (NFL, NCAAB) there is nothing on the tube this weekend. It's somehow pretty eerie. And nothing on the horizon until next fall.

It will be better once the weather here in Michigan breaks (it's still pretty cold, wet and nasty) because then I can start doing some good hikes.

How about you guys? How goes the tail end of winter?
    Off surfing with Linda, of course...

You're in Michigan and don't watch hockey?
    Good Lord, it's Kitty Carlisle! And she's packing heat! - Crow T. Robot

PF - April 18, 1988, Denver
    PF - June 22, 1994, Minneapolis
    Rog - July 16, 2017, Atlanta (Taped)
    Rog - Aug 20, 2020, Atlanta (Taped)
    Nick - March 29, 2019, Atlanta (Taped)

Comment

I just never caught the hockey bug. I've been to about a dozen Wings games, but it never really clicked. I was a huge Pistons guy (when they were good), but that has really been a while now. And I just can't do baseball, nascar, golf, bowling, etc.

How about you, MrFender?

Comment

• MGoBlue1989
        MGoBlue1989 commented
        Editing a comment
        This is bordering on sacrilege... don't make me come over there....
        (on a serious note... I will admit my interest has waned over the years now that Bettman has finally got what he wanted and that is the Wings to be irrelevant.)

Well...
      Here in England the British Superbikes start this weekend.
      I'm really looking forward to that event.
      All the best
      Ian

Comment

Hockey is the main sport I watch these days, constant action with the occasional fight. Can't stand the current version of the NBA, it's all/only about the flash. I grew up with the 80's 76ers, Celtics and Lakers and it's changed too much since then. Kid watches soccer but that's not really my thing (sorry rest of the world R&Ders). Hate the new baseball changes, the ban on infield shifts is about the stupidest thing ever. How about the players earn their checks and hit the ball where people aren't? If they really want to speed up the game, why not enlarge the strike zone which would force the hitters to be more aggressive?

Summer for me is more house projects and yard work.

Comment

• MGoBlue1989
          MGoBlue1989 commented
          Editing a comment
          100% agree with current NBA and the new rules in MLB; especially the banning the shift for the exact same reason as you. Do your job and learn how to hit elsewhere.

Originally posted by aybesea View Post
        How about you guys? How goes the tail end of winter?
        Tail end of winter = begin work on making the lawn look decent. Buy & apply fertilizer, crabgrass preventer, etc. spring cleanup of the yard. My lawn is green already - got to keep it going!

Comment

• MGoBlue1989
          MGoBlue1989 commented
          Editing a comment
          After my team went down miserably last night in the NCAA Frozen Four, I am now left with yard work as well and that suits me fine. My grass is still winter brown though but is waking up. Lots of cleanup remaining and looking forward to it actually.

It depends on which part of the planet you are and which sport you like. Here in South America football season has started in February so we have football on the TV all of the time. I'm now watching my team Boca Juniors playing a Libertadores match (the Champions League from South America).
        If an act of empathy is considered somehow as something radical, we're living in dangerous times.

Comment

Arsenal is playing Liverpool this Sunday at 11:30 am (our time)! COYG!!

Comment

It's actually pretty funny. I managed my HS hockey team when we went to the state finals. It's not like I don't understand the sport. I just find it pretty boring (though not nearly as bad as baseball/golf).

Comment

Originally posted by Llama View Post
              Arsenal is playing Liverpool this Sunday at 11:30 am (our time)! COYG!!
              Watched it today. Amazing match. Premier League is the top football league, always great matches to enjoy.
              If an act of empathy is considered somehow as something radical, we're living in dangerous times.

Comment

It was great until that last goal!

Comment

Originally posted by Llama View Post
                  It was great until that last goal!
                  I asume you're a fan of Arsenal, yeah I know the feeling but for a neutral watcher it was a great game! Now I'm watching my team again this time for the local league, we're in an actual very bad shape, not playing well at all.

Comment

2023 World Snooker Championship from the Crucible Theatre, Sheffield starts tomorrow 15 April. Matches on BBC, Eurosport, Discovery+ and others. I watch the competition every year and occasionally go to one of the matches, as I’m in Sheffield, so is walkable.
                    Defending world champion Ronnie O'Sullivan is in action tomorrow.

Comment

NHL playoffs! The Wild pulled it out in the 2nd OT! Bruins are going to be tough to beat overall.

Comment

I find sports pretty boring and annoying in general. I sometimes turn on the TV to hear some news, or some interesting documentary about some subject I would never have even thought of researching on my own, or for some good British crime or comedy (on the other hand I absolutely just can't stand American crime and comedy, they are all just as poor as the Americans' politics and rappers, and I find them just as annoying as sports), or for some movie. But I don't really watch TV that often, and usually only after having a few beers to relax with.
                        Rather than watch sports on the telly, I much rather prefer to watch a good Roger Waters or Pink Floyd VOIO... or perhaps Roger's In the Flesh DVD for the ten millionth nine hundred and six thousand six hundred and sixty-sixth time.

Comment

Working...
                        X