Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kraftwerk live 2023 in Karlsruhe

Because I know we have some Kraftwerk fans here -

today presale started for their only German show this year, where they will for the first time use projection mapping of their video show:

https://www.schlosslichtspiele.info/kraftwerk/

I am pretty sure this is going to be sold out eventually, so don't wait too long buying the (pretty damn cheap!) tickets!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by surfling; 03-21-2023, 12:59 PM.

Thanks for the tip, I'll think about it.

By car I need from me 5 hours and 30 minutes. By train also about 5 hours and probably several changes. Mind you, if everything goes well.

Then I still need ne sleeping accommodation.

Comment

Originally posted by Pittylabelle View Post
      Thanks for the tip, I'll think about it.

By car I need from me 5 hours and 30 minutes. By train also about 5 hours and probably several changes. Mind you, if everything goes well.

Then I still need ne sleeping accommodation.
      I'd offer you my couch, but I live even further South....

Comment

Memorial to Peter Weibel. This could end up in something very special.
        Already booked the tickets.

Comment

And already it's sold out. Pretty impressive!

I might also go see them in Zürich where they are playing a nice location too, the Landesmuseum, with only 3000 people allowed in.

Comment

I had thought about it, I will not go.

A Kraftwerk concert is of course always a very special experience, and the concert in Bonn last year was simply the highlight for me.

Always the same old pieces that are then played in variations? I don't have to have or hear everything.

I don't know if it's just my impression but after the Corona phase I had the feeling in Bonn that people just wanted to get out again. For many it was probably only a happening to which one met. In the immediate vicinity of where I was standing, there were a lot of people talking throughout the whole concert, which unfortunately can also be heard on the recording. Why do I go to a concert and pay money if I then talk to someone for two hours at a stretch? And then these conversations where not even about the concert or Kraftwerk.

I think these big events are not for me anymore, which is why I won't go to Roger Waters shows anymore. The people have just gotten too loud and annoying and it's getting worse.
            Last edited by Pittylabelle; 03-23-2023, 12:59 PM.

Comment

I totally understand what you are talking about. The audience in Bonn was quite annoying. I went right up to the center in front of the stage and even there people were walking and talking all the time. It was even more annoying in cologne (e-werk) and Düsseldorf a few years back...maybe it's a Kraftwerk thing...the lack of enthusiasm

When i was in Düsseldorf & Rome at NMSOS the audience was wonderful.

Best
              Nils
              FINGAL‘S CAVE: A Podcast for all dedicated Pink Floyd Fans

Available here:
              Youtube
              Apple Podcast
              Amazon Music
              Spotify
              Deezer
              Facebook

Comment

I agree, for these big shows there are too many casual fans attending, inevitably so I imagine.
                In Bonn that was pretty obvious, just looking at the shirts people were wearing.
                I was going to say it's because of the size of the venues, but then remembered that even at the Catalogue shows in Duesseldorf people were stupid enough to chat throughout the shows...
                Maybe it happens more at Kraftwerk shows because essentially it's dance music?
                I don't remember anything like it at any of the Crimson shows from 2014 onwards.
                And the NMSOS shows were pretty decent too.

Comment

As a taper, I naturally concentrated on my recording and of course, any chatter is all the more noticeable then.

This concert was one of the loudest I've ever experienced in terms of sound pressure. Our relatives, who live on the outskirts of Bonn and with whom we had stayed overnight, could actually still perceive the sound of the concert in their garden.

Especially in the very quiet passages, the people have then unfortunately started even more with the chatter, because they could now understand each other and understood this as a welcome "talking break".

Unfortunately, this is fatal for music like that of Kraftwerk. My impression was that most people paid more attention to the video projections than to the music.
                  Last edited by Pittylabelle; 03-23-2023, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pittylabelle View Post
                    Because this concert was one of the loudest I've ever experienced in terms of soundpressure.
                    You should have been at DEICHKIND the day before. The Sound made me smile for 2 hrs…

Best
                    Nils
                    FINGAL‘S CAVE: A Podcast for all dedicated Pink Floyd Fans

Available here:
                    Youtube
                    Apple Podcast
                    Amazon Music
                    Spotify
                    Deezer
                    Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny12 View Post
                      I totally understand what you are talking about. The audience in Bonn was quite annoying. I went right up to the center in front of the stage and even there people were walking and talking all the time. It was even more annoying in cologne (e-werk) and Düsseldorf a few years back...maybe it's a Kraftwerk thing...the lack of enthusiasm

When i was in Düsseldorf & Rome at NMSOS the audience was wonderful.
                      Sadly I think it's more of a general thing, as someone that's never experienced a Kraftwerk concert in person pre-Florian’s departure, it generally seems like the band has gone for a calmer sound and approach, but bigger venues. The concerts then either have audiences that only can be compared to the old Japanese audiences (very quiet and respectful) or loud and annoying in a bad way. Not singing along to songs or clapping during songs. Not like the good old days (1991 - 2004)

Seems like it can also depend on the size of the venue. Kraftwerk's show before seemed to be a blast with smaller audiences and smaller venues.
                      I'd say it's very similar to Roger's shows, the experience isn’t as intimate and enjoyable as to going to an NMSOS show.
                      The only Roger show in modern time that even comes close is probably the Mexican shows, but the Mexicans always seem to know how to enjoy a show

Last edited by WorldmanOne; 03-24-2023, 09:33 AM.

Comment

If these concerts are already laid out by the organizer as "people's festivals", one is not surprised of course if the people perceive it also in such a way.

In Bonn 2022, in any case, there was also a kind of gastronomy mile with all possible snack and drink stands in front of the reserved audience area directly in front of the stage.

Why do I have to be a glutton and booze during a concert, when I actually want to listen to the delicate tones? I mean, somebody just has to be able to take it just for an hour and a half and just shut up.

But I think people just can't do that anymore. Or someone constantly has to stare at his smatphone during the concert.

Another point is certainly whether the concert is seated or unseated. In any case, I have observed that especially in Germany most rock concerts are unseated, which of course also contributes to the fact that the audience is much more restless.
                        Last edited by Pittylabelle; 03-25-2023, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X