Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ISO Some decent book/photo albnum with great pics of the Pink Floyd from 1966-1981

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ISO Some decent book/photo albnum with great pics of the Pink Floyd from 1966-1981

Hi, just a short question: looking for a good quality/decent book or photo album with some great studio & live shots of the classic Floyd from 1966-1981.
    I have only one, and it's famous Inside Out by Nick Mason, but I feel there are more of such quality.
    Any recommendations?

Pink Floyd: The Visual Documentary by Barry Miles and Andy Mabbett. I had the édition that came out in the late 90’s where the bands name is in all caps in front of the circular screen. It’s a coffee table book with interviews about the band placed in chronological order along with tons of photos. A few different editions have come out since it was originally published. I know the Immersion Box sets and the new DSOTM 50th will have tons of photos from people like Jill Furmanovsky.

Andy also wrote another pocket sized book called The Complete Guide to The Music of Pink Floyd which is like a mini version of the book I mentioned above if you’re into that sort of thing. William Ruhlmann also published a similar book to the Visual a Documentary but it’s a bit more rare. If you go online and search for PF books that came out pre 00’s you should get good results.

I’m a bit obsessive when it comes to photos of the band in the 70’s and so much of it seems to be hidden in plain sight especially amongst Getty images and blogs where I just stumble upon them or happen to find them filed under the wrong year or something.
    Favorite Bootlegs: Santa Monica - 5/1/1970, Brescia - 06/19/1971, Los Angeles - 09/22/1972, Boston - 06/18/1975, NYC - 07/02/1977

Comment

Originally posted by Putulezi View Post
      Hi, just a short question: looking for a good quality/decent book or photo album with some great studio & live shots of the classic Floyd from 1966-1981.
      I have only one, and it's famous Inside Out by Nick Mason, but I feel there are more of such quality.
      Any recommendations?
      If you only want them for the pictures, I could post a link to my collection of a few thousand pics from the 60s-70s, also including a few Books that I scanned

Comment

• YASHA
        YASHA commented
        Editing a comment
        I am very grateful in advance!!!

Roy that would be cool, especially with the DSOTM 50th book having great new photos as well.
      Favorite Bootlegs: Santa Monica - 5/1/1970, Brescia - 06/19/1971, Los Angeles - 09/22/1972, Boston - 06/18/1975, NYC - 07/02/1977

Comment

Originally posted by RoyTagliaferro View Post

If you only want them for the pictures, I could post a link to my collection of a few thousand pics from the 60s-70s, also including a few Books that I scanned
        That would be simply awesome! Thank you so much .

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenStrat View Post
          Pink Floyd: The Visual Documentary by Barry Miles and Andy Mabbett. I had the édition that came out in the late 90’s where the bands name is in all caps in front of the circular screen. It’s a coffee table book with interviews about the band placed in chronological order along with tons of photos. A few different editions have come out since it was originally published. I know the Immersion Box sets and the new DSOTM 50th will have tons of photos from people like Jill Furmanovsky.

Andy also wrote another pocket sized book called The Complete Guide to The Music of Pink Floyd which is like a mini version of the book I mentioned above if you’re into that sort of thing. William Ruhlmann also published a similar book to the Visual a Documentary but it’s a bit more rare. If you go online and search for PF books that came out pre 00’s you should get good results.

I’m a bit obsessive when it comes to photos of the band in the 70’s and so much of it seems to be hidden in plain sight especially amongst Getty images and blogs where I just stumble upon them or happen to find them filed under the wrong year or something.
          I felt the same while browsing the Net. Many are watermarked, and those which isn't, are often of poor quality.
          Thx for books recommendations; I think I'll purchase Barry Miles and Andy Mabbett book.

Comment

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...C2?usp=sharing
            most of my collection from 67-77, plus some magazines from the Wall era
            not clean, bit of a mess actually, but a TON of pictures you don't see a lot
            do with it what ever you want, I don't mind

if you look at "Print\Visual Doc Miles", you can see lots of pages from the Miles/Mabbett book

Comment

• Anredeon
              Anredeon commented
              Editing a comment
              Grazie Roy!

Great, thanks Roy!

Comment

I want to share this website because it’s another case of just happening to find floyd photos by chance without them ever appearing elsewhere. A guy posted his photos from the LA run in 75 and the reason I like them so much is you see the band with the film clearly behind them. Put this in your head as you listen to Mike Millard’s 75 recording and it’s a great experience.

Also more relics is a great blog on tumblr with tons of photos archived of the band often in great quality.

Comment

Thx a lot! Some of these are truly outstanding pics!

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenStrat View Post
                  I want to share this website because it’s another case of just happening to find floyd photos by chance without them ever appearing elsewhere. A guy posted his photos from the LA run in 75 and the reason I like them so much is you see the band with the film clearly behind them. Put this in your head as you listen to Mike Millard’s 75 recording and it’s a great experience.

Also more relics is a great blog on tumblr with tons of photos archived of the band often in great quality.
                  yep, I know both sites!
                  more-relics is a fantastic blog with many pics that appear nowhere else. Sadly the runner of the site hates watermarks and other text on Pictures and often crops half the picture out just because of a watermark...

Comment

Originally posted by RoyTagliaferro View Post

yep, I know both sites!
                    more-relics is a fantastic blog with many pics that appear nowhere else. Sadly the runner of the site hates watermarks and other text on Pictures and often crops half the picture out just because of a watermark...
                    It’s funny, once I looked through the photos you shared I saw the LA 75 photos in there that are on that blog. Not sure why more relics edits the photos with watermarks because there are tons of great photos in high quality that have watermarks but I personally don’t mind, even on places like Getty images.

Comment

Working...
                    X