Questions about Proper Use of Echoes Hub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions about Proper Use of Echoes Hub

I have signed up on the Echoes Hub and I'm amazed at what is available there, wow!! I am trying to get my head around what the proper etiquette is.

I downloaded some shows (almost 6 GB) and I moved them over into my share folder. The files have been hashed and show up in my file list. I have added a more stuff from my collection to my share folder, hashed it, and see it shows up in my file list. So now I am sharing 12.34 GB of shows.

I leave the system running all of the time so I stay logged into the hub. As of now, nobody has downloaded anything from me.

In the rules, it talks about sharing specific amounts of concerts over time, 20GB after 30 days, 40GB after 60 days, etc. Does this refer to the amount of data being made available or the amount of data downloaded from me by other users?

I'm just trying to make sure I'm being a good Echoes Hub citizen

BTW, it's amazing how quickly this new site has come up after Y!'s demise. What an amazing community.
    Last edited by Guitrich; 03-16-2023, 02:13 PM.

Hi man,
    No worries...l all will go well. The amount of GB's refer to the amount you're sharing, not the amount you've downloaded. If for any reason you can't cope with those amounts, please pm one of the moderators (could be me) and they will mention that in the Mod Forum, so you don't get kicked..

Shine on!
    The Pink Floyd Archive

Comment

Originally posted by blauwdruk View Post
      Hi man,
      No worries...l all will go well. The amount of GB's refer to the amount you're sharing, not the amount you've downloaded. If for any reason you can't cope with those amounts, please pm one of the moderators (could be me) and they will mention that in the Mod Forum, so you don't get kicked..

Shine on!
      OK, cool. I have plenty that I can share that I have online on my local network from torrents and from CDs that I've gotten in trade over the years that I've archived in FLAC. I have 21GB shared now so I should be good. I'm sharing stuff I've listened to that I'm sure that is good quality. Like many, I have a lot of stuff I haven't gotten to listen to.

Thanks for the reassurance!!
      Last edited by Guitrich; 03-16-2023, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X