Stars End radio show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stars End radio show

Stars End is a radio show broadcast on Sunday mornings from 1am ET to 6am ET. Its great music to sleep to when you go to bed Saturday night and is basically a very chill 5-hour soundscape of ambient music.

The show is broadcast by WXPN on 88.5 FM in Philadelphia, but you can listen for free online anywhere in the world.

On the show's website you can listen to prior weeks' shows in their Archive section: https://xpn.org/program/stars-end/

For those who are unfamiliar, Stars End, Hearts of Space, Echoes et al have been going on for years. Specifically SE and HOS have been doing long form head/space/relaxing music since at least the mid to late 70’s. Much of it created in the tradition of chilling out to the radio late at night no doubt inspired by Pink Floyd listening sessions. They’re the kinds of shows that will keep on going despite cultural changes and general shifts. Some of the programming can tend toward generic new age and generic electronica, but there’s a good attempt (especially in the past archived shows from its halcyon period in the 80’s/90’s) to play such stuff like Tangerine Dream, Steve Roach, and even Aphex Twin when he was gaining steam. One of those styles of programming that appeals no doubt to the sit back and relax listening style of Floyd fans both culturally and musically of their 70’s period.
    Favorite Bootlegs: Santa Monica - 5/1/1970, Brescia - 06/19/1971, Los Angeles - 09/22/1972, Boston - 06/18/1975, NYC - 07/02/1977

Comment

I like listening to this radio. I listen to it every day on my way to work and in the evening. Thank you for your work!

Comment

Working...
      X