Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seedboxes with DHT Torrents?

Hi all,

I have had problems using DHT torrents with seedboxes. I can load the same set of DHT torrents into two different seedboxes, and while the torrents download into both seedboxes just fine, within an hour or less, the torrents in one seedbox will go into an error state. But in the other seedbox, the DHT torrents will stay in a healthy "green" state. The condition is permanent -- the torrrents never again come back to a healthy state.

The seedboxes are both on the same software version, are provided by the same seedbox operator -- so it is likely the configuration in both seedboxes is the same. I have checked that DHT is enabled in the seedbox that has all DHT torrents in an error state. I have also loaded a few torrents from sites that use trackers into the seedbox with this problem, and those torrents stay in a healthy state.

I would wonder if DHT / tracker-less torrents are just incompatible with seedboxes, except that in some seedboxes, they DO work just fine.

My person project ("Adopt a Year") to reseed old Y! torrents stalled out due to this issue, but I would like to try again, and see if I can move forward with reseeding old Y! in seedboxes.

Does anyone have any ideas on seedbox configuration that I should check. or troubleshooting? I will probably also open a support ticket with the seedbox provider, and see if they can help...
Working...
X