Looking for the date and venue of The Division Bell Tour footage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for the date and venue of The Division Bell Tour footage

I'm trying to recognize during which session the footage of an excerpt from Money broadcast by VH1 Special TV program was shot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Goqvl_aiFA&t=452s

(7:32 - 7:53)

David Gilmour is wearing a white T-shirt and girls are in white dresses - I have never seen footage of the second set of the concert in such outfits

Click image for larger version  Name:	Money.jpg Views:	0 Size:	68.5 KB ID:	365705

can anyone suggest the source of the footage ?​

that looks to be soundcheck footage from one of the earl's court shows? it's been a minute since i've watched pulse, but if this were truly live there should be a film playing on the screen, no?
    ...Raving and Drooling I fell on my Arse with a Squelch...

Comment

Originally posted by geoffers View Post
      that looks to be soundcheck footage from one of the earl's court shows? it's been a minute since i've watched pulse, but if this were truly live there should be a film playing on the screen, no?
      That depends. If it was a Dark Side show (where the whole album was performed) then they would have used the film from 1987, which if timed correctly ended as David's solo started. If it was a "normal" 94 setlist, then they would have used the "alien" screen film instead, which ends sometime during the first verse. In the footage linked above, the camera only pans to see the screen as David's solo starts, so the date can't really be narrowed down since the film can't be seen.

I would assume that the band would have used films for soundchecks, just to make sure all the film equipment was working properly and that they were staying relatively in sync.

In short, since the screen can't until after the film would have finished, it would be difficult to really confirm a live vs soundcheck question.
      "If I participate in this f**king effort, I hope I'm going to get my gold disc at the end of it. Imagine that!"

Comment

Originally posted by geoffers View Post
        I also think that this is a rehearsal session - but not Earls Court or any late - maybe early Norton Base session - Dick Parry played his Money solo like that at the beginning of the tour - in the second half of the tour he played differently and the girls usually danced behind him

there is another short excerpt of Run Like Hell from the same session at the very beginning of the video https://youtu.be/4Goqvl_aiFA?t=31

there are also some more excerpts apparently from the Norton Base sessions in this video https://ravinganddrooling.com/forum/...ic-tapes-93-94 46:05 - 47:10 - High Hopes and 49:20 - 49:55 - Keep Talking​

Comment

Working...
        X