No announcement yet.

Live 1970-71 Cymbaline Sound EFX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been interested for a long time in the question of what happened on stage during Cymbaline. Thank you all for the points of view and memories!

Perhaps during some shows, very weak, "ghostly" stage lighting was used. Maybe with some light and color effects. And all this is so that the audience can imagine for themselves (each in their own way) what is happening during footsteps, creaking doors, laughing girl, barking dog, etc.​
    TBS14

Comment

Originally posted by Simond View Post
      Hi BF, it's perhaps worth me saying that, in the period 1967 to 1972 when I was seeing the Floyd, I never saw any kind of visuals or projections being used. The only things I saw, in the shows I attended, were the liquid light show in 1967 then the use of house lights, spots and strobes in some of the subsequent shows. So, for instance, the lights might be low and the stage just bathed in red when Roger did Set The Controls but nothing more sophisticated than that. There were the odd things like a merman wandering around the audience during The Journey but no 'visuals' or projections on stage. A journalist, in preparation for a book he was writing (which never came out), asked me what they were projecting onto the disc at the show in 1967. In all the shows I went to, I never saw that disc - I don't know when they first started using it.
      that's interesting...for a band that was so well known for it's visuals in the UFO days, and then later on, DSOTM onwards I've often wondered what they did in the intervening years I'm guessing they just had little bit of pyro in CWTAE and setting fire to the rope on the gong frame but not much else? I guess they had the occasional thing like an Octopus though.

The various 1969-1972 shows we have video for tend to show a fairly standard lightshow for the time and I must admit I assumed that they toned down the lighting for TV...didn't realise that this was the full show

Comment

Originally posted by Simond View Post
        Hi BF, it's perhaps worth me saying that, in the period 1967 to 1972 when I was seeing the Floyd, I never saw any kind of visuals or projections being used. The only things I saw, in the shows I attended, were the liquid light show in 1967 then the use of house lights, spots and strobes in some of the subsequent shows. So, for instance, the lights might be low and the stage just bathed in red when Roger did Set The Controls but nothing more sophisticated than that. There were the odd things like a merman wandering around the audience during The Journey but no 'visuals' or projections on stage. A journalist, in preparation for a book he was writing (which never came out), asked me what they were projecting onto the disc at the show in 1967. In all the shows I went to, I never saw that disc - I don't know when they first started using it.
        Very cool recollections, what you can recall anyway
        Click here to access my Pink Floyd lists!

Comment

Originally posted by NuffM View Post

They never performed Cymbaline when they got the big screen. They started using that during 1974, they stopped playing Cymbaline after 1971.
          Oh yes, I'm quite aware. My comment was more about when I first heard some of these songs live, very early on in my journey into live Floyd I had some of these same questions. The first time I heard Cymbaline and even more so The Embryo live from 1971-10-17, my first bootleg, I couldn't believe how different they were from More and Works respectively, pretty incredible stuff.
          Click here to access my Pink Floyd lists!

Comment

Working...
          X