No announcement yet.

Will we also have a tracker here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dime and Traders Den delete or inactive torrents after a certain period of inactivity on the torrent. What was really great at Y! that they do not remove torrents which had no seeders or leechers. This will be still a problem with TTD and Dime in the future. Someone can miss a lot of shows if he is not checking the site regulary. I just realised I was not downloaded any RW shows since 2011 and I could collect the full tours without any problem in the last days of Yeeshkul. Actually I could leech 1275 shows in 4 days! Thanks to a super seeder from Finland! I decided to download everything what the best source list recommeded plus the full 87/88/89 tour. I missed only the 94 tour.

Comment

• SolSaul
      SolSaul commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey i think i was that seeder! I decided to seed again after a while for the last days of Yeeshkul. I'm glad it worked!

Is there a big difference legally providing torrent files and running a torrent site vs allowing information and links to TTD? Maybe the "charges" can be less, but I think it still can be problematic.

Comment

I always thought Y! was in the clear legally and known about by the band. Well I suppose it was wishful thinking and understand the concerns about a tracker.

Thanks to everyone for their hard work setting up a new site.

Comment

A month or so ago The Traders's Den had a notice up denying they were shutting down.

Comment

Originally posted by jimfisheye View Post
          Yeah, someone rattle my cage when the tracker and torrents are working. Be that here or wherever it lands.

I'm not on TTD, archive, or any of the other Deadhead related places. Not my thing. I was on Dime for a spell. I have to say there was always a rabbit hole to find to go down there! Some band you might not have been even thinking about and there's a show! Unfortunately I got into it with a couple of the mods when they wouldn't let me post DVDA images for surround stuff and I just never looked back (back before everyone could just play flac files and people were navigating hardware players).

I have a few emails from Y. I'll email out a link when I finish Hollywood Bowl if there's no 'official' place to torrent yet.

Hoping to see this place or someplace take off though!
          Hi Jim (Abronsius from Y!) - I'm glad to read to you will release an Hollywood Bowl matrix. I remember Neonknight's last transfer of this show. The second set has always been a favorite; for my neighbors too. The ascendo/crescendo vibrato on Careful With That Axe, Eugene, Celestial Voices epic ending under fireworks (on stage!) and One Of These Days are totally insane; with amazing drumming.

Comment

To me, having torrents on Y! added value that can't be matched by using a different tracker not primarily dedicated to Pink Floyd and related.

Comment

Originally posted by aybesea View Post

From what I can see, they are "ratio-free" in that you can still download. The penalty for a bad ratio (other than disregard for your fellow torrentors) is that you are capped on how many downloads per day.

I decided to see how difficult it is to maintain ratio there. To wit, I 1) went to the top of the new torrents page, 2) downloaded every torrent from the last 24 hours, 3) let them seed back. Within several hours I had seeded back way, way more (maybe 3-5 times) the amount of my DLs and built up buffer. Honestly, this is a pretty easy tracker to build buffer on. What you don't want to do is only find obscure torrents from months ago and download only those... that will ensure that you never build buffer. Instead, work with the new stuff that is popular now until you've got that cushion. Then torrent away.
              When they went through their own near shut down, I went on a binge, and took my 2.23 share ratio down to nearly 1. Not even six months later, and my ratio is at a 2.67 now. I've been making sure to try to keep seeds active if I have them.

Comment

Originally posted by moon View Post
                I always thought Y! was in the clear legally and known about by the band. Well I suppose it was wishful thinking and understand the concerns about a tracker.

Thanks to everyone for their hard work setting up a new site.
                Yeeshkul was very much known by the band and more or less tolerated. Also, apparently Dom Beken used something he got from Yeeshkul as a soundscape in a Saucerful of Secrets show, as Lee Harris said in a Facebook post about Y shutting down.
                Picture a courthouse with no fucking laws!
                Picture a cathouse with no fucking whores!
                Picture a shithouse with no fucking drains!
                Picture a leader with no fucking brains!

Comment

Originally posted by daemonspudguy View Post

Yeeshkul was very much known by the band and more or less tolerated. Also, apparently Dom Beken used something he got from Yeeshkul as a soundscape in a Saucerful of Secrets show, as Lee Harris said in a Facebook post about Y shutting down.
                  I wouldn't necessarily assume the first statement. You are correct that Lee was a member, though. Don't know for sure about Dom. But neither of them are PF or their management, and certainly aren't Loasby.
                  I am you and what I see is me.

Comment

My earlier comment was more frustration I think. Apologies if it came across as critical.

I would have assumed they knew all about us too. And therefor were at least putting up with us (and perhaps collecting off us on the downlow). All I can say is it appeared that way with Y calling attention to itself and not getting shut shut down. Pretty safe to assume permission and ask for forgiveness after on that one? That was my rationalizing anyway.

I imagine caution is warranted!

Comment

Working...
                    X