No announcement yet.

The last days to come at Y!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very sad to click the bookmark and have "We can’t connect to the server" message.

And a bunch of red marks in my Torrent software.

Another part of my early Internet days lost to time.

Comment

I knew it was happening yesterday, that my bookmark would fail to open Yeeshkul but when I clicked it anyway (didn’t we all?) I felt a real sense of shock, gulp.

Comment

My torrents all turned red...
        A strange day, a sad day... a day to remember!
        The Pink Floyd Archive

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	102.8 KB ID:	2518

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture6.jpg Views:	0 Size:	52.9 KB ID:	2516

Screen shots I grabbed about an hour before it closed
          Attached Files
          Last edited by MrFender; 03-01-2023, 10:24 AM.
          Good Lord, it's Kitty Carlisle! And she's packing heat! - Crow T. Robot

PF - April 18, 1988, Denver
          PF - June 22, 1994, Minneapolis
          Rog - July 16, 2017, Atlanta (Taped)
          Rog - Aug 20, 2020, Atlanta (Taped)
          Nick - March 29, 2019, Atlanta (Taped)

Comment

The king is dead, long live the king.

Comment

Anybody live here?! Weird!

Comment

It seems I have 1 from Italy and 2 from the USA pulling Y content from my HD.
                Last edited by mark2114; 03-01-2023, 06:07 PM.

Comment

All red this morning. Au revioir indeed. And now to catalog and back up.

Comment

Evey day when I get home from work, the first site I would go to is Yeeshkul, to see what's new to add to my collection. I still can't get used to not being able to do this.

Comment

Hello all! Glad I made it. Looks the FB group closed/was deleted, but we seem to have all made it over here, correct?

Comment

Originally posted by DrPhibes View Post
                        Hello all! Glad I made it. Looks the FB group closed/was deleted, but we seem to have all made it over here, correct?
                        I couldn't find it either, so I assume it was deleted. I didn't pay close attention to it, but I think there was some discussion on what to do a few days after R&D was up and running, and that one of the options was to leave it up for a few days to let everyone see that R&D was online, and then delete it. So I guess that's what they did.

Comment

Originally posted by Phred68 View Post
                          This might be a dumb question, but ... how are some of you able to retain "senior" member status? Or is it in your bio .. 😁
                          Sorry, missed that one!

The old members we know were senior at Y! got it right away (once we realize); so….fixed!

Best Nils​
                          FINGAL‘S CAVE: A Podcast for all dedicated Pink Floyd Fans

Available here:
                          Youtube
                          Apple Podcast
                          Amazon Music
                          Spotify
                          Deezer
                          Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny12 View Post

Sorry, missed that one!

The old members we know were senior at Y! got it right away (once we realize); so….fixed!

Best Nils​
                            Aha, I was wondering and thought that may be the case. Unfortunately, I decided to change my "handle" when coming here. (The old one was deliberately meaningless, and I changed it to a jokey floydian one here.)

But I see now that someone has been doing some good research, because I got updated as well! :-D

Comment

I have no Idea who it was…
                              FINGAL‘S CAVE: A Podcast for all dedicated Pink Floyd Fans

Available here:
                              Youtube
                              Apple Podcast
                              Amazon Music
                              Spotify
                              Deezer
                              Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Journey Man View Post
                                I knew it was happening yesterday, that my bookmark would fail to open Yeeshkul but when I clicked it anyway (didn’t we all?) I felt a real sense of shock, gulp.
                                It's a frozen fossil now, of course, but you can still peruse the "old" Yeeshkul on Wayback Machine. I was looking at the "Gone But Not Forgotten" thread, double poignancy. Of course some of the pages don't open, depends when they were webcrawled.
                                https://web.archive.org/web/20230000...orum/forum.php
                                Last edited by Frankymole; 03-18-2023, 01:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X