Light Show Project #2: WYWH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Light Show Project #2: WYWH

A few years ago, I sequenced DSOTM for my XMAS light show. Some of you may remember an old post I dropped on Yeeshkul! looking for some input; this is that, for my next project. I got some great input from that thread. You can see a preview video and the livestream recording, here (lgt my WYSIWYG preview, live stream link in the description): https://vimeo.com/668844119

I now run Dark Side nightly through the XMAS season. We got many more fans this year, so I'm looking to finish off the next PF project for 2024: Wish You Were Here. Here's where you come in...

I have a vision for the overall look and feel of the album, and I will continue to use the original stage video. What I want to hear from you is: what are some key easter eggs, moments, or just little oddities you listen for when you drop the needle that have some meaning for you? It could be a lyric, reference, an effect, a solo...or something odd like David clearing his throat at the opener to Wish You Were Here. For me, when I hear that chorus "Shine on..." I get a very specific image in my head, same with the fake elevator sound and the dissonant guitar chords opposite the groove on SOYCD Pt. VI. Heck, if you said "that 'clunk clunk' when the elevator lands..." I would be right there with you.

These are moments that if you watched the show right now and saw the right effect/color/shape show up for them, you'd immediately think "yeah, this guy gets it". Having listened to this album well over 1,500 times, and preparing for another 150 listens this year as I program the show, I know every damned rustle in the audio. But I only know it for how it moves ME and what I think is important to telling the story. So tell me, what little moments, notes, lyrics, effects, or whatever do YOU always listen for? What moments, as they approach, compel YOU to shush everyone within 10 feet? I'd like to incorporate all those references. The more, the merrier. I have one viewer trying to identify all the "Easter Eggs" I buried in the DSOTM sequence. He might do it. I want to make that an impossible challenge for WYWH. Heck, if you just want to tell me "whatever you do, 'Have a Cigar' has to be all done in shades of orange", I'm into that, too.

Double plus awesomeness if you can tell me what vision you SEE when you hear those noises. If you're on the r/PinkFloyd subreddit, this is the same post, with one exception: I have a very specific question to add for my RavingAndDrooling comrades...

What do "those four notes" look like in your mind's eye when you close your eyes and listen to them?​
Working...
X