connecting to echoes hub?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

connecting to echoes hub?

My connection went offline last night and I haven't been able to reconnect today.

"[11:38:59] *** Connecting to lossless.echoeshub.com...
    [11:39:20] *** A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond."

Anyone else with a problem?

The hub is up again…
    The Pink Floyd Archive

Comment

Originally posted by s--k View Post

Anyone else with a problem?

i have the same problem.

The hub is up again…​

still happening for me.

Comment

So, I first saw this site years ago. I never got around to joining up, but with Nils' article last week I went ahead and created an account / downloaded Linux software. But that's where I'm stuck. I have zero idea of what to put in to connect to Echoes Hub. I fired off emails to Maroon there and here, but I've yet to hear back. I'd love to get connected to at least see what's up there.
        Off surfing with Linda, of course...

Comment

• blauwdruk
          blauwdruk commented
          Editing a comment
          Will take a look later this evening and pm you…

I joined a few weeks ago but It doesn't seem to let me download the software.

Comment

• blauwdruk
          blauwdruk commented
          Editing a comment
          How did you join if you haven’t downloaded the software?

Originally posted by nadiar View Post
        I joined a few weeks ago but It doesn't seem to let me download the software.
        You don't need to download any software. You just need to register to get a username and password. Then you can enter the hub address into whatever direct connect sharing client you want. I go with plain old DC++.

Comment

Those rules are absolutely terrifying to me as a slightly more casual fan with a single hard drive.
          Picture a courthouse with no fucking laws!
          Picture a cathouse with no fucking whores!
          Picture a shithouse with no fucking drains!
          Picture a leader with no fucking brains!

Comment

I guess your HD can contain more than 100 GB? So what’s the problem?
            The Pink Floyd Archive

Comment

This is a cry for help... does anyone who is currently, successfully using Echoes Hub for downloading, running on Linux? I can't get this working, and I'm finding a whole bunch of threads saying that Linux hasn't worked in years. Just want to be certain that this is true before I give up.

Comment

• Alan
                Alan commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm on Windows, but before you give up, you should probably wait a little bit. The hub seems to be very unstable currently, so I can't connect to it either right now.

• aybesea
                aybesea commented
                Editing a comment
                Sounds good... I will not remove or close anything until you tell me things have settled. Thanks!

• Alan
                Alan commented
                Editing a comment
                Looks like it's online again now -- I've been connected for a while without issues.

Originally posted by blauwdruk View Post
              I guess your HD can contain more than 100 GB? So what’s the problem?
              My 2 Terabyte hard drive only has about 600 gigs left, and my internet bandwidth would really not be happy with me. Also, many people have reported issues with Linux.

Comment

All of this is moot though because I was born in 2004, and don't feel like lying about my age to join something that I would likely have issues keeping up with.

Comment

So, I finally was able to download another users list, and that is great. But now I can't again. I do see this warning:

[10:32] <EchoesBarMaid> Warning: aybesea just logged in and their online ratio is very low at only 1.664%.
                  [10:32] <AlbertMagoolie> aybesea, We apologize for the inconvenience, however you are temporarily blocked from Downloading due to an Low Online Ratio of 1.664%. Time Remaining: 1439 minutes.​

So, do I need to improve ratio before I can see others' lists? How do I do that?

Thanks

Comment

• blauwdruk
                    blauwdruk commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes, please stay logged in, your ratio must reach about 10%... I can't do anything about that; it's in the software Marooned built..

Okay, so I bumped up my shares to ~150GB. I'll just let this idle and we'll see.

Thanks

Comment

• blauwdruk
                    blauwdruk commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That's more than enough for now... I will keep an eye out for you...

Last tweak for today, I have now moved ALL of my old Y! torrents into my shared folder. Let's see how this goes.

Comment

Working...
                  X